State Council of Science Technology & Environment, Meghalaya
POPULARISATION OF SCIENCE PROGRAMMES
- State & Block - level Science & Environmental Fairs.
- National Science Day Celebration
- Science Awareness Camps
- Environment Awareness Camps/Marches/Campaigns
- Celebrations and Observation of important Scientific Events in the Country and in the whole world.
- DNA Clubs for School Children
- Season Watch programme for school.
- Programmes initiate by Vigyan Prasar, NCSTC Network and Department of Science & Technology, Govt. of India
- Science/Environmental Talent Competitions ( Quizzes, Debate, Extempore speech, Science Models, Exhibitions)
- Science workshop/seminars/popular lectures/exhibitions
- Convergence Programmes with scientific line Departments/Agencies/Organisations/Educational Institutions at the State and National levels.
- Programmes on Innovation
SCIENTIFIC R & D OF APPROPRIATE TECHNOLOGY PROGRAMME
- Technology Awareness, Demonstration & Training Camps
- Installation of Technology Demonstration Units
- Identification of innovative technologies suitable to the State’s development particularly rural community.
- Experimentation of appropriate technologies for application in the state
- Implementation of VASTU (Village Adoption for Science & Technology Units) Programme.
- Convergence Programme with CSIR laboratories and other research Organisations/ Agencies/Communities/Line Departments at the State and National Level.
- Create a network of NGOs/SHGs/Local durbars/S&T NGOs for wider implementation of technology based programmes
- Organised programmes on need/call basis with Educational Institutites/NGOs/Govt. Departments/Agencies,etc.
S & T ORIENTED ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME
- S & T Oriented Awareness Programme
- S & T Oriented Training Programme
- Facilitation for Enterprise set up with Convergence teams
- Identification of technology- based activities
- Consultation with potential scientific Institute/CSIR laboratories/Organizations and Agencies for viable entrepreneurial activities.
- Skill development programmes or income generation technologies
SPECIFIC PROJECT PROGRAMME
- Identification of local specific issues and problems affecting the society.
- Mapping of S & T Needs in the State
- Formulation of Action- Research to address local specific issues.
- Scientific solutions for solving specific problems
REMOTE SENSING APPLICATION PROGRAMME
- Preparation of Tourist Map of Shillong and Meghalaya using Remote sensing application
- Preparation of Braille Map of the State of Meghalaya
- Preparation of setting up of GIS Training Centre for the underprivileged students
- Mapping of impact of technologies propagated by the Council.
S & T LIBRABY & DOCUMENTATION
- Procurement of books relating to science, technology and other allied subjects.
- Subscription of journals and magazines.
- Distribution of science books and science activities kits to underprivileged schools in the State.
- Publication of leaflets/brochures on technologies propagated by the Council.
- Compilation of Annual Activities Report of the Council.
Copyright 2017. All rights reserved.
Content maintained and updated by State Council of Science Technology & Environment, Government of Meghalaya
All Queries/Comments regarding the content on this site may be sent firstname.lastname@example.org