State Council of Science Technology & Environment, Meghalaya
OBJECTIVES PROGRAMME WISE
SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT OF APPROPRIATE TECHNOLOGY
- To put an effort to initiate the application of appropriate technologies for socio- economic development particularly for improving the living condition.
- To provide an opportunity to the people at grass-root level for exposure to various societal technologies this could be applied for all round improvement of the quality of life.
- To build-up the capacity through awareness, demonstration and training programme with regard to appropriate technologies.
- To empower the people in the society to handle and utilised appropriate technologies.
- To popularize throughout the state the technologies that have been tried out and successful.
- To sensitize local NGOs, SHGs, and local Durbars to be more S&T oriented in their activities.
POPULARIZATION OF SCIENCE PROGRAMME
- To inculcate a scientific temper amongst the general public particularly school children, and ultimately to generate scientific minded citizens in the State.
- To promote environmental awareness among the general masses, particularly the student community.
- To popularise science and technology at grass root level.
- To expose the general public, particularly the student community to various advancements in the field of science & technology.
- To create an inquisitiveness and fun in learning science amongst school children.
- To supplement class room teachings and to build-up the capacities and competencies amongst teachers and students capacity.
- To propagate scientific culture in rural areas of the State.
- To motivate the children of the State to take up science as their career.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME
- To expose the unemployed youths (particularly those with S&T background) to innovative and emerging technologies which could be commercially taken up for income generation.
- To motivate unemployed Youths (particularly those with S&T background) to go for self employment activities with the help of science & technology.
- To identify technology oriented activities which could be taken as enterprise setup.
SPECIFIC PROJECTS PROGRAMME
- To identify local - specific problems in the State which need S & T intervention
- To take up action research activities on specific issues and problems in the society
- To identify scientific solution to address local specific problem
REMOTE SENSING APPLICATION PROGRAMME
- To utilise Remote Sensing Application based technologies for S & T projects
- To map S & T applications in rural areas by application of GIS technique
- To establish a GIS laboratory for benefit of the students community.
LIBRARY AND DOCUMENTATION
- To dissiminate to the public at large and the student community the knowledge of science and technology.
- To bring out S & T brochures/ leaflets etc. pertaining to schemes and programmes of the Council for the benefit of the public
- To document impact of S&T applications in the State.
- To document S & T innovations that are taking place in the State.
Copyright 2017. All rights reserved.
Content maintained and updated by State Council of Science Technology & Environment, Government of Meghalaya
All Queries/Comments regarding the content on this site may be sent firstname.lastname@example.org